Saturday, June 6, 2009

A queen size quilt in 5 hours


So one of my co-workers got married this week-end and I has wanted to make a quilt for him and his fiance'. Of course I was busy with tons of things and kept putting it off. So a few days before the reception


I went to my stash and picked some colors I thought kinda matched what they had picked for bridal registry. I made an easy square patch design(for a co-worker not family, just saying). So in 4 hours I picked colors, cut, and sewed together the top and of course set it aside. The reception was on friday and I thought it was on Saturday. So like friday at 4:30 in the afternoon it dawns on me that I have only less than 2 hours to finish the quilt and get to the reception that was being held 30 minutes away.

Boom! I put the back together, put the quilt on the machine, quilt it, take it off, cut the binding, sew on the binding. Done 1 1/2 hours and I finished the quilt.

I didn't have much time to take pics and make sure they were good but the quilt actually looked pretty cool when it was done.
Why or why do I put everything off. Make it to the reception in time to see them cut the cake. WAH! LAH!

2 comments:

  1. Your hilarious!! The quilt is amazing. Once again, for a non-!!!family member. I'm just saying!!! People just don't know what they get when they recieve a Gaye Original!! I do though!!!

    ReplyDelete